cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Localized firmware for 7960 Ip Phones - German

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer we are working with that is using Call Manager and 7960's here in the US. They have an office in Austria that we are discussing putting Call Manager and 7960's in.

Is there a localized German version of the 7960's and/or a localized firmware to display text on the LCD sreen as German?

I'd really like to have the 7960 in German, with a German Messages button, German Services button, etc. and have all the softkeys and prompts in German on the phone. Call Manager doesn't need to be in German as far as the CCMadmin, etc, but that would be interesting too.

Does anyone have any ideas? I called US Pre-sales support, and they were clueless, directed me to Pre-sales support in Germany, which is closed right now.

Thanks,

Tim Medley - CCNP-Voice

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

3 Replies 3

scream
Level 1
Level 1

I've heard about different localized versions of

IPPhone software in Q4/2001 - Q1/2002. For example

Russian localization seems to be up at november,

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

From a mail recieved on October 24, 2001

FIELD NOTICE: Cisco announces 15 New and Updated IP Telephony Products Demonstrates Lower TCO and Maximized ROI for Cisco Customers

• Cisco CallManager 3.2 - new features include localization of client interfaces to 10 additional languages, station-to-station intercom, drop last conference party, certification of virus checking and Cisco Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Host Sensor software - available Dec 31.

Marc DERRIENNIC

Technical Account Manager

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/nemnsw/callmn/prodlit/cama_ds.htm

Client user interface internationalization and localization

Can anyone at Cisco elaborate which countries, languages etc ?