cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on company logo and real time IP service application

ooiay
Level 1
Level 1

I have put my company logo on IP phone, however I am not comfortable with the word 'Services' appear on top of the logo. Is this word (together with a small icon next to it) removable? If yes, how to do it?

Another thing, I have placed an application which captures the real time stock data from yahoo website, but the data returned was 'undefined' value, can I know what would be the possibility causing this problem? The asp application utilizes the CiscoURLProxy and I have installed the Cisco IP services SDK into the Web-Server (this is where I store the IP services application files)as well. One thing is, there are a few drives created in the server. The SDK has been installed in drive C: while the asp files were stored in drive E:, would this cause a problem?

Thanks for any reply and suggestion.

10 Replies 10

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

I'm pretty sure I got around that by making the image larger. My current .xml image is 133 pixels wide by 65 pixels high. I don't have any phones with me to hook up to my home lab CM, but I'll double check at the office tomorrow and post if I was mistaken.

Not sure about the web thing.

Good luck,

Vance

luke_davis_76
Level 1
Level 1

Answer to first Question: Simply put a title tag on your Logo Page.

so in the .asp that you created add Logo

Answer to 2nd question. THe Yahoo Service has changed since originally designed. THe SDK was to be a sample of what can be done. You have to get Yahoo's permission to utilized thier web service and then make programitic changes to get what your after.

Thanks for the answer. I can also cover the default title by enlarging the logo.

As for 2nd question, is there anyway I can utilize the web service FREE ? I want to do the testing on getting real time data through the net. There might be some changes that I need to make with the sample codes, but I don't know what exactly is it. I try to use my own proxy server with the CiscoURLGrabber object but it just doesn't work.....

Thanks for any help.

I would like to ask where did you get the info about putting company logo on the phone.

Thanks in advance

I THINK that most sites offer the Web services they've developed for a small fee; or some sort of recognization on your site for thier efforts. As far as using the CiscoURLGrabber object; I'm not sure why this would be necessary. If you have a ASP page/code that can query the site return the information from the site based on the Information passed to it (Stock Code), parse though the info and then put it in well formed XML for the CISCO phones passing it to the phone that requested the info, your done. Now, Yahoo or the service offering you this information may ask that you include thier logo or something as part of the XML you pass back. No biggie in my mind for the service that they offer.

Hi Luke,

Further question: Do you know what/how to do with RTP ( RTPRx/RTPTx/RTPMRx/RTPMTx) streaming? I read this from the Cisco SDK Dev notes but I couldn't understand it.

Could you give me a scenario on using URI to control RTP streaming.

Thanks.^-^

Another question:

How can I get Yahoo's/others webpage's permission to utilize their web service?

Thanks

For Yahoo I'd start here

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbiz/sbiz-06.html

Ask your question about being able to incorporate web services they offer to your site. For other sites, look for contact information or means to get ahold of support and ask. I'm sure Yahoo or other sites won't have a problem with it so long as you "reference" yahoo's site with a link and logo.

Thank you very much.....