cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route patterns

jcirisan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to route an inbound call from a pstn line connected to a 3640 router to a single

extension on my VoIP network. I am using Call Manager with mgcp. What would my route pattern look like in Call Manager for this. Currently My VoIP network is fully fuctional and can make calls outbound from VoIP to PSTN

5 Replies 5

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Are you trying to route all inbound calls to the single extension? Are you using DID's?

Couple of different approaches, you can use num-exp on a gateway to translate digits on a gateway. You can use PLAR to redirect everything to a certain extension in CallManager (do a search on this forum and you can find some examples). Or you can use Translation Patterns on you CallManager.

Rick

Tthe translation patterns worked. Thanks. My latest problem is getting auto attendant

to pick up this call. Auto attendant works with all my internal calls but doesn't work

with the call coming from the PSTN. I can call any other extension from the PSTN

by changing the translational pattern to that extension but if I change it to the Auto Attendant extension it answers the call but I don't get the Auto Attendant message.

If I call Auto Attendant from anywhere else it works.

Jeff

jpstott
Level 1
Level 1

Wouldn't you want to control the PLAR function from the Call Manager gateway configuration page, since you are using MGCP? I'm sure that there is a field where you enter the extension you want to ring when this PSTN line is called. Something like 'Operator Number' (sorry I don't have access to a Call Manager right now).

The field is under the FXO configuration section on the MGCP gateway page (right after the loopstart/groundstart choice if you are configuring for the first time). All you need is an extension number in the "Attendant DN*" field and this extension will ring whenever a call comes into that FXO port.

Thanks I found that. I removed my translation pattern and just put the Autoattendant DN in there and it does switch incoming calls to that extension but I still don't get the Autoattendant message. If I switch the Autoattendant DN to another DN it does ring that phone.