cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The report could not be queued - no report will be generated

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to run reports on call handler traffic. Whenever I click on run, I get "The report could not be queued - no report will be generated". I got a suggestion from TAC for making changes in DCOM and in the registry listed below:

GPTCSL Remedy Ticket 227846

Issue: After clicking the Run button for the Call Handler Report the user will receive the following screen pop.

In addition, the Application Log will have 4 errors listed.. The errors are 20017, 20018, 20019 and 10001 in sequence. They will look similar to:

12/6/01,1:06:21 PM,AvRepDir_MC,Error,REPDIR ,10001,N/A,XPRESSIONS471,REPDIR FATAL ERROR FILE h:\CommSvr\Sources\ReportDirector\AvRepDirSvr\AvRepDir.cpp LINE 1543 VALUE 0x8004020D

12/6/01,1:06:21 PM,AvRepMgr_MC,Error,REPMGR ,20019,N/A,XPRESSIONS471,REPMGR GETPARMS FAILED REPORT NAME HRESULT 0x8004020B

12/6/01,1:06:21 PM,AvRepMgr_MC,Error,REPMGR ,20018,N/A,XPRESSIONS471,REPMGR GETMODULES FAILED REPORT NAME Call Handler Traffic Report HRESULT 0x80040203

12/6/01,1:06:21 PM,AvRepMgr_MC,Error,REPMGR ,20017,N/A,XPRESSIONS471,REPMGR GETMODULES COCREATEINSTANCE FAILED PROGID AvCrunch71.AvCrunch71.1 HRESULT 0x80070005

Resolution: The problem is corrected by configuration changes to Account Permissions, DCOM settings and Registry.

Here are the instructions:

I. Verify Xpressions Account is Set to Domain Admins as the Primary Group

1. Go to User Manager for Domains and selected the account that Xpressions(AV Services) is using.

2. Select User from the Menu, then select Properties

3. Click on the Groups Button

4. Verify Domain Admins is set as the Primary Group.

5. Close User Manager for Domains

II. Set/Verify DCOM Settings

1. From the Start Menu, select Run

2. Type dcomcnfg, then click OK

3. Click Yes if a screen(there may be 4 or more) similar to the following is seen.

4. Scroll down the list of Applications and Select Avcrunch71svr

5. Click on the Properties button

6. On the General Tab, Set the "Authentication Level" to "NONE"

7. Click on the Location Tab, verified that "Run application on this computer" is checked

8. Click Security Tab

9. Modify Access Permissions

A. In the custom access permissions section, click Edit

B. Add the Xpressions Account to access permissions, by clicking on the Add button

C. Click Show Users

D. Scroll down through the list of names, find and hi-light the Xpressions Account

E. Click Add

F. Click OK

G. Click OK again

10. Modify Launch Permissions

A. In the custom launch permissions section, click Edit

B. Add the Xpressions Account to launch permissions, by clicking on the Add button

C. Click Show Users

D. Scroll down through the list of names, find and hi-light the Xpressions Account

E. Click Add

F. Click OK

G. Click OK again

11. Click OK, to return to the Applications Tab

12. Click OK, to close DCOMCNFG

III. Modify Registry

1. Copy the attached Registry file to the Xpressions Server

2. Using Windows Explore locate the Registry file

3. Double-click the file

4. Click OK to the following message

IV. Schedule downtime with the customer and reboot the Xpressions Server

I'm still getting the error when I try to run the report. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

anthonyl
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem with an AD120 box, which is the NEC digital OEM version of Unity. In certain configurations this report fails, (i.e. a standalone box versus true unified messaging versus NT versus 2000). NTAC emailed me a patch that took care of the problem. Cisco has to know of the problem and the patch that NEC has. I cannot imagine NEC wrote the code for the patch all on their on. The patch probably would not work on anything other than AD120 2.4.6.136.

Thanks for the post... Now if one of the Cisco gods can tell me where that patch is...

I can e-mail you the patch if you want but I would definetly check with Cisco before apply it. You can tell them it is PR6 for AD120 software 2.4.6.136.