Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade specific 7971G-GE, CUCM 6.0(x)

Hi,

Want to upgrade just a specific 7971G-GE IP Phone that is registered on CUCM 6.0(x).

Currently CUCM's "Device Defaults" configuration tells me that the actual version

for this model is SCCP70.8-3-2S. I want to install the latest one - 8.5(3), which is

compatible with my CUCM's version.

Of course, I do not need to upgrade other IP Phones of the same model - just one 7971G-GE.

But frankly I don't understand how to perform this.

Installing "cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.8-5-3.cop.sgn" will overwrite "Device Defaults" value

that force all existing 7971G-GE IP Phones to upgrade. This is not the task, you know.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phones do not change the FW until you reset them, install the FW, go to defaults and restore the old version. then go to the specific phone and change the FW version there, reset phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thank you for your explanation.

Do you mean that after installing new firmware (*.cop.sgn)

the files from the old one won't be deleted from TFTP directory ?

Should I consider installing new firmware just as extracting new files without affecting existing ones ?

Do I need after the test will be finished to reinstall the old version of firmware package ?

I was doing this way:

Before installing new firmware, I wrote out current firmware name in "Device Default". Then after installing new firmware I've copied new firmware name and inserted it on a specific phone's page(field "phone load name" or similar). And then inserted the old firmware name instead of new one in Device Defaults.

No need to reinstall old firmware cause it is stored on TFTP