Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

0 out to VM while queued

I am trying to present callers with the ability to dial 0 or 9 while in the queue to goto to VM. Once queued, the caller get's put on hold with CCM until the agent becomes available. Would I accomplish this with the menu step and if so, where would be the proper place in the script to put it?

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: 0 out to VM while queued

I believe that if you using the "Call Hold" step, you are unable to accomplish this. If you want to give people a zero out option there are a few ways to accomplish this, you could use the "Get Digit String" to collect the menu options and you would place the .wav file in that step. Create a variable named "strMenuOption", use the "Switch" step, select your newly created variable, add the number of options you have (including 0 and 9) Then under the "Switch" step, configure each option to go to the correct place.

My .02 cents

In the "queued" part of your script, are you using call hold, then delayed while queued then call unhold? If so, just make the delayed while queued kinda short, add a menu step after call unhold. Choose a number in the menu step to redirect the caller. Use the redirect step to send your caller to voicemail. Cra doesn't like sending the called number to unity so often you are sent to the opening greeting instead of the right mailbox. To fix, create a dummy phone in callmanager. Give it a dn, forward all calls to vm with the right mailbox number. Make your redirect step go to the dummy phone. Works every time.

Blue

That would work, however, it might sound a little weird. The caller would go on hold and hear the music on hold music, then they would go to unhold and then hear the prompt music from the Menu step. Why even use the hold/unhold? Just curious.

My .02 cents

The only reason to use the call hold step is so the caller can hear the system music on hold while they wait. If the menu will be played as soon as you get in the queue, or if you're playing a music file, you don't need it. I'm assuming they'll hear a prompt in the menu step telling them what to push instead of music. I would let them stay in queue for a little while and see if someone answers before giving them the choice to opt out of the queue. In this case, I don't think hearing music before the menu prompt would sound weird.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content