Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 active call/2nd incoming cannot be transfered

Hello, i have a problem with my 7960 ip phone. It is configured as a 1-line phone. Somebody calls, call is answered but when another one calls in and I want to transfer only the second call to another extension i cannot (there is no transfer key for the second call).

Similarly when I answer the second call (and the second is placed on hold) and try to resume the first one the Transfer button is not actice for the first call)

Any idea of how may i correct this problem?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: 1 active call/2nd incoming cannot be transfered

Hello all,

found the problem for all ip phones... for anyone interested:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800945a6.shtml

Regards

Hello Larry

yes, the solution is to use 2 lines. There is also another problem addressed with this. When i put, in hold, the first call (Line 1), is there any way to answer the second one that came in Line2?(on the 7960 ip phone there is no indication-button to answer the call in Line2)

I tried call park, it works, but i think it is not a proper solution.

Any idea?

Thanks

Bronze

This is an inherent problem with the ability to have two calls up on one line. As a work around you could turn the call waiting off on line one and install a second line, then use call forward busy on line one to line two. That would give you transfer capability. I believe this problem is being addressed in CCM 4.0 due out in December.

Larry

Hello Larry,

this point that i mentioned occurs for sure. Have Line1 (2090) call waiting off/call forwarded when busy to 2091 and Line2 (2091). When somebody calls 2090 and i am talking to him and somebody else calls 2090 (call forwarded to Line2 (2091), i place on hold Line 1 but i cannot answer Line 2.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hello

problem has been resolved

Thanks

Stefanos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content