Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

10 sec dead air begore ring back

Hi,

I have a single site deployment with CM3.1.2c, Catalyst 4006 T1 gateway with Pri connection to PSTN. Problem is that after we dial the E164 numbers, wait about 10 sec for a ring back. Is there any way to reduce this dead air time ? Thanks for all inputs.

Duc Vu

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 10 sec dead air begore ring back

Hi,

i think you have to change the "t302 timer" on the

CallManager Service Parameters.

This will decrease the Interdigit timer.

regards

mehmet

Sir,

Thank you very much for your help. I set it at 10000 instead of 15000 (t302timer) but it does not resolve this issue. Again thank you for your kind response.

Duc Vu

Cisco Employee

If this is on an outbound call to the pstn then add isdn sending-complete to d-channel config on 4006 (serx:23) if pstn is set for overlap it is the pstn's t302 you are waiting for if we send sending complete we don't have to wait for it. debug isdn q931 on 4006 with service timestamps debug datetime msec configured will tell a lot.

Can you elaborate on this? We are using a 6608 for our gateway and have complaints of the same problem but I can't find any references to the isdn sending-complete etc.

The 10 sec delay sounds like the CM is waiting to see if you will enter anymore digits. Have you checked your dial plan to confirm that there is no overlap. If there is an overlap, the system will wait 10 seconds by default.

Views
Helpful
Replies