Views
Helpful
Replies

15 minute time slots on schedules?

astectelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

A new customer of mine has odd start times ( 9.15 - 16.45 ) is there any way unity can be customized to reflect this. If not, are there any plans to adjust unity's scheduling capabilities in the future?

thanks

jim

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

currently the SA only offers 30 minute chunks - which is ironic since the actual data format the scheduling information is stored in is 15 minute sections. I think they decided having 96 boxes to click on in the web interface per day was overwhelming so they went with 48 instead. I was actually just covering this in the udpated data dictionary for CUDLE on the schedules table...

I don't know if they have plans to offer 15 minute chunks or not - the best course of action is to ping your account team and let them know this is important to your customer.

I'm wondering if I can actually set schedules with 15 minute slots and have it work - I'll do some tests later today and see if it "Sticks" if I do it manually on my own. Of course any changes to schedules in the SA would wipe it out. If I can get it to stick perhaps I can offer an alternative schedule construction tool in the Audio Text Manager tool. I'll keep you posted.

Just to follow up here - I was able to set schedules at 15 minute slots and it was honored in the conversation - since the SA doesn't allow this it doesn't display the values properly there but it doesn't hurt anything either.

I'll see if I can chunk out a schedules funtion for the Audio Text Manager that supporst the 15 minute slots and kick on it tomorrow. It wont be fancy but it should work... I'll follow up out here when i have something you can try out if you're intersted.

I did make changes to the ATM to allow you to adjust existing schedules to 15 minute granularity - however it does this directly in SQL and the scheduler only reads from SQL at startup time so it requires a reboot (changes in the SA go through a special interface I didn't want to deal with). So if you need it, it's there - it only shows up if you start ATM version 4.0.10 with a command line option of "/schedules". When the scheduler properly reads from SQL all the time (as it really should be) then I'll open this option up for general use.

I'll post this version here a little later today.

Thank you very much jeff. sorted.

I didn't end up posting this yet, by the way - you can email me directly at lindborg@cisco.com and I'll send you the version that has this feature...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: