cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1500 user Unity 3.1.5 PBXlink and Broacast msg/MWI Question/Issue.

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 1500 user Unity 3.1.5 system that has recently experienced MWI issues when leaving their first all user broadcast message. The message itself was delivered ok to all mailboxes but MWI really got messed up. Lights were not behaving as they should. The only way to get them back was to stop and start Unity, then as new messages are being left MWI is behaving properly. I have 2 PBXlink boxes daisychained and configured "by the book", with 2 digital ports dedicated for calls (all LTN's hardcoded and alternating), and one digital port dedicated for MWI. Could it be that I need another dedicated MWI port?

The way Octel VM works is that on broadcast messages no MWI is sent out. I don't believe that there is a setting for this within Unity.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the PBXLink is limited to using one digital port for MWI control. Are you connecting to a Nortel or Avaya PBX? Also, did you try a system MWI resync before restarting Unity?

With Avaya PBXs you could move the MWI control off the PBXLink and onto Unity's analog ports. Unity then could use any number of its ports to control the MWI. Be careful though, the Avaya is a stickler about requiring the same port to extinguish a lamp that was used to light it. Unity has a "port memory" feature to handle this but you'll need a plan for extinguishing any lamps that were lit by the PBXLink.

With Nortel you're stuck using the PBXLink. It requires a digital feature set key that Unity's analog lines don't have access to. One thing you might try then is slowing down the MWI requests sent from Unity to the PBXLink via SMDI. This can be done editing the switch file (should be Nortel0001.ini) and bumping up the parameter "MinimumMWIRequestInterval". This is in ms and should already be set to 750. If it isn't there, just add it under [Configuration] and set it to 750. If it is there, bump it up to 1000 or maybe 1250.

Cheers,

Eric

I am having the same problem. We have a dual switch integration with a Nortel PBX and MWI is working properly until a broadcast message is sent out. After that the MWI behavior is unpredictable at best. The only way to fix it is by stopping and restarting Unity, a system resync does not solve the problem.

This is becoming quite a problem for us since we use the broadcast message feature frequently.

Anybody having the same problem or know how to fix it?

I was the one that posted originally. I changed the timer as specified in the second post and it has worked fine since. The problem was that Unity was sending the MWI notifications to the PBXlink too fast, once that was slowed down it works fine. I believe I changed the value to 1250 for my client.

Hope this helps.

I have tried changing that value for my system as well and it is currently set at 1250 as well but the problem still seems to be happening.

We have a very similiar setup in that we have about 1500 Nortel users and about 300 Cisco users on the system.

Should I look at setting that value higher, say 1500ms. Anybody?

I actually just checked the setting that I used at my client, and it actually is 1500....and working. Give that a try.

Thanks for the update. I will adjust mine tonight to 1500 and see if that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: