cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1760V MGCP gateway and Callmanager

jbarbee
Level 1
Level 1

Can a 1760V use MGCP to register with a callmanager?

I'm confused because the 1700 platform is not listed in the gateway templates, or the documentation for callmanager releases, but the latest IOS for the 1760 IP/VOX Plus supports MGCP commands, and ccm-manager commands.

Did I miss something in the fine print? Can the 1760V interface with the callmanager through MGCP? Or is it "coming soon"?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

benng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jason,

Yes, 1760 is listed as available gateways in the ccmadmin page of 3.3(2). I have verified it with 3.3(2) as well as 3.3(2)spB.

-ben

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

benng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, what version of CM is being used?

1760V is supported in CM starting CM3.3.

-ben

I had looked at the add gateway screen in 3.2(3)

I reviewed the documentation for CM 3.3, but couldn't find 17xx platform listed there either. So you're sure it's supported as a MGCP gateway in CM 3.3?

-Jason

benng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jason,

Yes, 1760 is listed as available gateways in the ccmadmin page of 3.3(2). I have verified it with 3.3(2) as well as 3.3(2)spB.

-ben

Thanks Ben! I really needed to verify that for our VOIP implementation.

This was the link I was looking at, it's the documentation for 3.3, adding a gateway. The 17xx platform is not documented here. :(

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008011b46a.html

Ben

Can you confirm if MGCP will work with fractional PRI. Most of the networks we use 1760 only have about 8 channels on the PRI. I am sure I have read that it is not supported on MGCP, Can you confirm

Ben could you give us an IOS release that goes along with CCM 3.3.3

I can see on our callmanager the 1760 gateways are supported but we are not sure which IOS release we need to make is happen.

Also if you know it, it would be nice to know what that feature is called exactly that makes the PRI backhauling to work with a 1760 and CCM. We want to look track it on feature navigator.

I ran into the same problem of having no luck finding an IOS train that had CCM support for Callmanager so I opened a TAC case - more news when I get it.

We're running 3.3(3)SR2 and it defintiely is in callmanager - and the IOS Voice and voiceplus have MGCP support - but having difficultiy getting ccm connectivity and commands to function...

Ken Johnson

Mgr. Network Services

LeTourneau University

----

Dir. Communications

CIPTUG, Cisco IP Telephony USers Group

http://www.ciptug.org