Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

2.3.4.104 Upgrade to Unity 3.1

I have read several good posts regarding upgrades, but none with a version so far back. I'm not really worried too much about keeping the actual users, I have a spreadsheet that I can import, what I'm trying to figure out is there a way to keep the messages during the process.

I plan on blowing away both exchange and windows and starting from scratch with them. It sounds like exmerge might work, but I'm not entirely convinced (since it's not supported by TAC). Is there any other way?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: 2.3.4.104 Upgrade to Unity 3.1

ExMerge will work for this. The catch is that if you rebuild everything from scratch be sure to use the same aliases for your users... the ExMerge application saves each user's mailbox data in a .PST file that's named with their alias. When you import those messages back into your new system, this is how it does the lookups.

the only other option for messages is a 3rd party tape backup system that can get the entire mailstore. Personally I'd roll with ExMerge since it's pretty simple to use, free and reasonably easy to recover.

The FullDbExport and Import that ships on the Unity 3.1 CDs will work back to Unity 2.3.4 build 102... it should get your user data. If you use this to import your users into your new system you wont have to worry about the aliases matching, they'll be recreated correctly for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies