cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.4.105 with CM 3.0.2d

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run Unity 2.4 with Call Manager 3.0.2d. I have the updated skinnyTSP from Unity but am unable to initialize the TSP - keep getting the error "Cannot contact Call Manager, make sure the call manager services are up and running". (Which they are). Also, in the event logs, some of the AV_services start up and then I get an informational error " Integration on key is set to Tapi and to Serial on the key." Once I see this error, all of the services fail - is it because Unity cant initiate with the Call Manager or because of the key error? Any comments would help at this point.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The integration error is not related to the "cannot contact call manager" error. The services fail because Unity can't connect to the CallManager.

I assume you are have hit the test button on the Av-Cisco configuration applet and it is returning the "cannot contact call manager" error.

This error means that Unity could successfully ping the IP address of the specified primary CallManager, but it could not find the CallManager on that computer.

This could happen for one of the following reasons.
1. The IP address you have specified as the primary CallManager is the IP address of a different computer.
2. The CallManager services did not start correctly. (Make sure you get dial tone from a IP phone.)

From your description it sounds like the first problem is the most likely.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Actually, the ports on the Call Manager were incorrect (they had been changed). I just found out that the TSP can only talk on the 2000 ports so after that change was made, the unity and call manager servers had no problem communicating.

Thanks for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: