cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.4.6 Upgrade problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I just Upgraded from 2.4.0.120 to 2.4.6; The System has Serial Integration with a NEC /NEAX 2000IVS and when I turned up the system, the integration was not working because the port information data had been lost. I had to go to each port and reprogram the associated ext. number and it's in/ out bound capabilities( i.e. MWI,Answer, etc...). Now - 2 days later I find that (even though MWI's worked fine after upgrade) they do not work now unless you force an update. The Unity is not initiating the MWI on or off sequence otherwise upon reciept or deletion of a msg. Any Ideas?? <br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I'm assuming then message notifications wont work for users either (i.e. home phone notification when a new voice mail arrives)?

We've seen a few cases where the notifier client (the guy that's monitoring everyone's mailbox for changes all the time) stops getting event changes from mailboxes for some reason (something we haven't been able to reproduce in house). Normally when a Unity restart is initiated (and the notifier logs into everyone's box again) the problem is cleared. We have a few open tickets for sites that had this happen and we have traces on etc... waiting for it to happen again and so far we have been unable to capture the situation again.

Here’s the information we’d like you to gather and some steps that would help us isolate the problem.

Turn on traces for Exchange Monitor, #12 and #13 (in the SA tools section). This will show us Exchange log-on failures by the notifier component and will help us track down exactly when we stop getting Exchange inbox change notifications (which is what we think is happening here).

Note for us the number of mail users on the system and how many hare homed on each of your remote Exchange servers (this will help us isolate if it’s specific to a particular home server or is system wide when it happens). Further, when it gets into this state, check users home on each of your Exchange servers to see if they all experience the same behavior or if MWI/Notification triggers work OK for some users and not others.

And most importantly, when you do get it into a state where notifications are not firing again, contact us quickly so we can get the diagnostic logs off your box and take a look.

You’ll need to restart your Unity system (please set the traces first) to force the Notifier to relog into everyone’s box which SHOULD clear the problem, at least for now. If not, contact support since we have a different issue at play here.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I can't find the trace 12 & 13 that you want enabled. Is this an Exchange tool or a Unity tool?

Not applicable

These are Unity traces.

In the Unity SA interface, all the way down at the bottom of the page (under "system") you'll see a link for "tools". Under tools there's only one thing and that's "diagnostic traces". There will be a drop down list here that you can select "ExchangeMonitor" from and then you can click on the two traces there.

After you hit the save button, the traces should be activated automatically.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: