cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 call managers both publishers without intercluster trunk

shane
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to send the calls voip between h323 gateways between two call managers.

I have tried setting up voip dial-peers and route patterns but I never see the call hit the remote router when debuging.

8 Replies 8

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

we had this sort of set up when we were having problems, we set this up

ccm1--gateway1---gateway2--ccm2

configure dial plans on each ccm pointing to the respective gateways then on the gateways put in voip dial-peers as normal

eg dial plan on ccm1 for ext on ccm2 will point at gateway2 and dial plan on ccm2 for ext on ccm1 will point at gateway1

on the gateways they will have the normal voip dial-peers

hope this helps

dave

hi,

Not sure that I got it right, but I think that you cannot have incoming and outgoing dial-peers in a gateway that are both of VoIP type. This is not possible for Voice over IP. One at least has to be pots.

Yanna

I think that is correct. I tried it anyway and the call never makes it to the second gateway. I am looking into gatekeeper to see if that will help any. Does anyone have any ideas?

What yanna said is correct, you cannot send ip-to-ip calls through the gateway. You could set the gateway up as a gatekeeper, and the other 2 endpoints as gateways.

i am not sure if you understood my answer to your question. The calls do not go from ccm to gateway to gateway to call manager. they go ccm to gateway to ccm.

ie

if you have ccm1 with gw1 and ccm2 with gw2, 1 and 2 are different sites then ccm1 would have a gateway configured in it for gw2 with a dial plan pointing at this gateway, vice verse for the other way round.the gateways would have dial peers pointing at their respective ccm.

so a call would use the route from ccm1 to gw2 to ccm2. if you are still having problems send me an e-mail and i will send a visio diagram with the set up on.

hope this helps

dave

Right, I got it. In this case, from the gw perspective, the CM is just another gw. So the same rules apply, no ip-to-ip calls. You can setup gatekeeper on the gw, and configure the CM's as gateway devices and get this working right.

ccm1--gw1----gw2--ccm2

in ccm1 create a gateway for gw2, then create a dial plan for ccm2 that uses gw2, in gw2 this will voip dial peers pointing at ccm2

do this the other way round for ccm2 to ccm1 calls.

this does work as each gateway does not have incoming and outgoing voip dial peers just dial peers that point to it's associated call manager

hope this helps

dave

ccm1--gw1----gw2--ccm2

in ccm1 create a gateway for gw2, then create a dial plan for ccm2 that uses gw2, in gw2 this will voip dial peers pointing at ccm2

do this the other way round for ccm2 to ccm1 calls.

this does work as each gateway does not have incoming and outgoing voip dial peers just dial peers that point to it's associated call manager

hope this helps

dave