Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 CCM Clusters One Unity Server Do I really need a gatekeeper?

If I want to have two CCM Clusters talk to One unity server do I really need the gatkeeper?

The documentation states you need An H.323 gatekeeper to provide call admission control...

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 2 CCM Clusters One Unity Server Do I really need a gatekeepe

That has never been a Unity requirement. Can you provide a link to that documentation?

Here is the link I found that on...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_technical_reference09186a00800872c8.html

Its under Setup Requirments

Setup Requirements

The following components are necessary to integrate Cisco Unity with multiple Cisco CallManager clusters:

Cisco CallManager servers (version 3.1 or later) configured as a cluster at each location

A network connection between the clusters

An H.323 voice gateway for each cluster to connect to the IP WAN or PSTN

An H.323 gatekeeper to provide call admission control

Cisco Unity 3.0 or later, set up and integrated with the clusters

IP WAN

That gatekeeper is completely unnecessary. In fact, that white paper leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't do a very good job of describing how to configure Unity to work with the multiple clusters.

adam

Cisco Employee

Yeah, that portion of the doc is attempting to shed some insight on designing VoIP networks with a WAN consideration. Even if you have a WAN in the VoIP network, a gatekeeper isn't a requirement. Gatekeeper or no gatekeeper, Unity would not know the difference.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content