Replies

2 Unity Servers 1 Pilot Number

RICK CROWSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following scenario:

1- 1 CallManager Cluster

2- 2 Unity servers - voice mail only; each server has an exchange 2000 message store. Both servers are in the same AD domain. Both servers are GC/DCs.

The problem is we need to use one pilot number for both servers. Is there a way to do this?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure what you are trying accomplish with this setup.

You would need to do seperate voicemail pilot numbers. You will then need to setup up the IP phones voicemails and balance the loads between the two servers. The two unity servers can use digital networking between them since they are in the same AD, Exchange, etc.

The only reason I see having two seperate pilots would be to increase your TSP ports to the Unity servers. (large scale.) I think you are limited to 72 ports on each Unity server.

So if you have a large number of call handlers, you could use one server for this, and VMs for the other, etc.

Thanks for the response. We are migrating from a legacy VM system, with one pilot number, to 2 Unity servers. We need 2 Unity servers to support 144 ports and 5000 subscribers. The problem is the 5000 subscribers use one DID and one 800 number translated to a single pilot number. We were hoping there was a way to continue using one pilot number.

Just to clarify, you have one 800 number for everyone checking voicemail remotely correct?

If you use one 800 number to comes into Unity, you can do cross server login if they are digitally networked. You can digitally network they way you have it setup with you AD domain.

Since you have 5000 users, and are limited to 72 ports per server... you will have to divide the users between two servers. I would load up the second server a little more and reserver server 1 for people calling into to check messages. (balancing your ports) Unity 4.2 can now support 96 ports per server. So you may want to look at this as an option. You will have two pilot numbers for CallManager to point to which voicemail profile to send the call to which Unity server for voicemail service.

Hope this helps.

yes

Thank you!

you can still use 1 pilot number,

you need to put them in 2 different partitions.

make sure your phones have different CSS's for the 2 "zones"