Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 Unity Servers

I have 2 Unity servers in 1 Exchange site. I have 1 unity server homed to create user on one server in london. On the other unity server I want to create users on a server in New York. When I go to select to import a user into the New York Unity server it will only allow me to select users from the London Exchange server not the New York server. How do I fix this problem.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 2 Unity Servers

Exchange 5.5 or 2k? If it's 5.5, what's your site and container configuration like? When you import users Unity will only show you mail users in your site in the recipients container or below that are not already tagged as subscribers on some Unity server somewhere.

You can change the container scope (i.e. pop it up to the site level instead of starting at the recipients container) but by default this is not the case since it can impact performance having to search such a wide scope in LDAP.

if it's 2K, are there any routing groups at play?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

My Exchange site is 5.5 Is there a tool in Unity 3.0 that I can run to clean all the users boxes?

Anonymous
N/A

not for 3.0... dbWalker handles this for you in 2.x since it was able to tell if a user was stranded easily. All the call handlers were in the directory and it was a simple matter of checking for it... if it wasn't there, the user was stranded and it cleaned out the custom properties.

in 3.0, however, all the call handler data is local in the SQL directory and if you find a subscriber in the directory that isn't represented with a call handler on your local box, you can't assume it's stranded and clean it since it may be a subscriber on another box. Things get complicated trying to automate this process without wiping out legitimate subscribers in the process.

For Ex2K you can use the "BunnyKiller" applicaiton on AnswerMonkey to clean users off. For Exchange 5.5, you need to use the raw mode option in Exchange to get at this. Open exchange with the -r command line option and view raw properties on the user(s) you want to clean. You must remove custom attributes 12 and 14 and the Voice-Mail-User-ID property before Unity will allow you to import that user again.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content