cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

246 and 314 in same site possible ? Install with 1 dongle ?

dosers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to setup a 314 Server in our current org (all users on a 5.5. off-box Exchange Server, there also a new 2000 Server that I want to move everyone to AFTER Unity 314 is installed).

Can I setup 314 at the same time 246 is running ? What mail server do I need to connect it to (Exchange will be off-box) ? The new 2000 server (which is in the same site!) and where people will be at 'soon', or the current 5.5. Server where all users are currently homed ?

Also, only having one dongle - when I install 314 in demo version is there a limit on users ? What can I do about it ? I obviously can't switch the dongle (I do have a PAK!) until I bring down / uninstall the 246 (after the db export).

Thanks,

Daniel.

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

By 'the new 2000 server' do you mean Exchange 2000? If you do mean Exchange 2000, please understand that we don't support Unity 2.4.6 coexisting with Exchange 2000 in any regards. Introducing Exchange 2000 in an Exchange 5.5 site would be a very bad thing and could wipe out your existing Unity 2.4.6 install.

Unity 2.4.6 and Unity 3.1 can coexist.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_010.htm#xtocid8

You don't have many options for long term coexistence on the dongle really other than buying a second one. If you remove the dongle from the 2.4.6 server you should have at lease 48 hours to complete the migration. Unity checks for the presence of the key every night at midnight and SHOULD allow 3 checks to pass before starting the shutdown sequence. With 3.1, Unity checks 4 times to ensure 72 hours of operation.

Keith

Keith,

thank you, this helps. Yes, I meant Exchange 2000. Not knowing Cisco's stance on that, a 2000 server actually has joined the site 2 weeks ago. I understand it's not supported, but it caused no problems. I am not moving people from 5.5 to 2000 until after the Unity upgrade.

As for the key - I SHOULD be able to install 3.1.4 in 'demo licence' mode and then, when I can connect the dongle to it this weekend, restart with the dongle and run a licence upgrade through the tools menu, right ? I do have a PAK already. At that point the server would allow for more than 10 users, and all available channels ?

Thanks again,

Daniel.

If the ADC does a 2 way replication on the Unity folder your Unity 2.4.6 install is toast. I highly recommend NOT touching your ADC connection agreement(s) until you get Unity 2.4.6 removed.

"As for the key - I SHOULD be able to install 3.1.4 in 'demo license' mode and then, when I can connect the dongle to it this weekend, restart with the dongle and run a license upgrade through the tools menu, right ? I do have a PAK already. At that point the server would allow for more than 10 users, and all available channels ? "

Right.

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: