Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2600 with 2 FXO ports

We have a lab scenario where we are using 2 FXO ports for our Trunk. I want to bind them with a Route Group / Route List so the lines can both be used and CallManager will decide which is available. I have set it up I think properly but it does not work. If I place a plain Route Pattern using either of the two ports it works fine. Is binding these ports not possible in CallManager? Or is there some configuration missing from our router.

Cisco CallManager 3.0(9)

Cisco 2611 IOS 12.2.1 is-m

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 2600 with 2 FXO ports

If you are using the 2600 as an H.323 gateway with CallManager, then you don't point at individual ports, you just point at the gateway, and the CallManager has no idea how many and what kind of ports are available.

If you want to use the 2600 as an MGCP gateway with CallManager, then this should work fine with individual ports and Route Groups and Lists.

Check out the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/cm_mgcp_intro.html

That should give you details on how the gateway needs to be setup properly for MGCP.

I agree with your response but the problem we are still having and it looks like it is a limitation of CallManager is that you cannot bind the FXO ports in groups and then send a call to that group and CallManager will determine what is available and send it out like sending to a 2600 H.323 and the router determines the availability? Is this a limitation of CallManager? Or is there something in the IOS we are missing on the router to bind the two ports together?

The call manager should direct the call to the gateway, via the route pattern. The router itself looks at it's dial-peers to determine which fxo to send it out. Just set two dial-peers up with the same configs, just change the peer numbers.

If not already clear...

With H323 gateways create a route pattern in call manager and point it only to the gateway, not a route list/route group. Then, on the gateway create a dial-peer for each FXO port you have available.

With MGCP gateways you create the route groups, assign gateway ports, create the route list, then point the route patterns to the route list.

It sounds like your using MGCP and having trouble. I would make sure your MGCP config is correct. Post additional info (including your troubleshooting steps) if possible.

Brian Carscadden

Sr. System Engineer

CCNA, CCDA, CIPT

TransNet Corporation

Here is our MGCP configuration for our 2611 with 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports.

- - - - - - - - - -

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 172.16.1.x

mgcp dtmf-relay codec all mode out-of-band

call rsvp-sync

voice rtp send-recv

!

voice service pots

!

!

!

!

!

ccm-manager mgcp

!

!

!

interface Ethernet0/0

ip address 172.16.1.x 255.255.255.0

full-duplex

no cdp enable

!

interface Ethernet0/1

no ip address

shutdown

half-duplex

!

ip default-gateway 172.16.1.x

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.1.x

no ip http server

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

no echo-cancel enable

!

voice-port 1/0/1

!

voice-port 1/1/0

!

voice-port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer cor custom

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 7 voip

!

- - - - - - - - - -

I have created the route group, assigned a gateway, created a route list then created a route pattern. With the 2 FXO ports bound to this when you try to dial out you get a fast busy. If I remove them and create only a dial pattern with either port it works fine???

thanks, John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content