cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 lost console

azeleniak
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 2811 routers, I used to have console access to the routers up until I issued a write erase command (to clear the existing config) and reloaded. Cisco SDM was installed I am not sure if that is part of the problem. I checked the console cable and it is fine. This happend on both routers, there is no output when a console window is open. I have checked over and over to confirm the settings for the console baud etc. and they have all been correct (I used hyper terminal and putty and I connected to other devices without issue). Any ideas what has happend? On one of the routers I formated the flash and installed a new IOS. This is something I have done many times over and this is the first time I have encountered this problem.

Thanks Alex

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try a different speed setting. The possible speeds are 9600 (default), 4800, 1200, 2400, 19200, 38400, 57600, and 115200.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: