cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 Router - VIC Cards

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help on troubleshooting a 2811 router that had 2 - T1 DSU/CSU cards in Slots 0 and 1. I replaced them with the following:

Slot 0: VIC2-4FXO

Slot 1: HWIC-4ESW

Slot 2: VIC-4FXS/DID

I can see the 2 Voice cards in Show Version and in Show Diag but they do not show up in Show Run or Show Voice Port Summary.

I am including the Show Run and the Show Diag in case they will help.

Is there something easy I can check to verify what is happening with the cards?

I'm not completely sure how they had this router configured as I acquired it from a company down the road that auctioned it off. They did have BGP and SSLVPN in the original config if that influences anything. Basically I'm using this for a test voice router for starting to integrate CME between locations. I just haven't seen it recognize the cards but not provide me with the ports before.

3 Replies 3

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

I did reset this to factory defaults with no change. And I'm not sure if this helps, but here is another place that it recognizes the cards specifically:

Router#sho tech | inc voice

voice service pots

voice statistics type csr

voice-card 0

------------------ show voice port ------------------

------------------ show dial-peer voice ------------------

------------------ show call active voice ------------------

------------------ show call history voice last 50 ------------------

NAME: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "2nd generation four port FXO voice interface daughtercard"

NAME: "Four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard on Slot 0 SubSlot 2", DESCR: "Four port FXS DID voice interface daughtercard"

It looks like you don't have any DSP's installed on the motherboard - there is no reference to any PVDM2 modules in the SH DIAG.

Here is what they look like -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016e845_ps3115_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Without the DSP modules, the voice cards won't show up in the system config.

That makes sense and I did not check that out. Let me pop the cover and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Jon Gauntt