cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.0 testing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have done some 3.0 testing and I stopped as a test the AvDirCHangeWriter. As a result the changes that I made in the active directory were not written anymore in the sql database. As soon as I enabled the service again it started updating the sql database and in the administration page I could see the updates. Is there a particular place where we can check what info is being qeued until the service comes back up? <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

This is verbatim from the folks who developed these services -

============================================================
You can look at the messages via the MSMQ admin console with the following steps:

start compmgmt.msc
go to Services And Applications - Message Queueing - Private Queues - avdirchangequeue{guid} - Queue messages
Right click on one of the messages and choose properties

You'll be able to see the binary contents of the message. However, it is difficult to interpret without knowing the binary structures that are being serialized (and even then it is time consuming to reassemble them by hand).

A more civilized way to look at the messages is to turn on the "All Change Requests" diag of the Directory Change Writer. It prints a pseudo-readable version of each change request as it applies it to the SQL database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: