Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3.1.2c and Exch 5.5 cluster

We currently run a 2.4.6.161 Unity box attached to a 5.5 cluster. In order to handle some crash problems we're having, Cisco has recommended upping the Unity box to 3.1.2c. None of the SE's I've talked to know of 3.1.2c working with a 5.5 cluster. Does anyone know of any issues? We're planning on doing the upgrade tomorrow evening and I'd like to know what to watch out for. Thanks.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: 3.1.2c and Exch 5.5 cluster

From http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_020.htm:

"Cisco Unity does not support Exchange 5.5 clustering."

Cisco has never tested Unity with Exchange 5.5 clusters and they are not supported. Just to set your expectations, if you do this and it breaks you are on your own.

I would suggest upgrading your cluster to Exchange 2000 before making any Unity changes. Unity support active/passive and active/active clustering with Exchange 2000.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Just to be clear, Unity is NOT a node in the cluster. Our Exch site just happens to reside on a 2K cluster. When we added Unity, we joined it to the existing site. 5.5 runs a failover cluster, not active/passive. Unity sees the cluster as one machine, and I don't think we've had any problems as a result of that. We've been running it for 6 months +.

Gold

Yeah I understand what you are doing. It's just not supported. Things that are not supported might work. It just means that if you have problems that we (Cisco) are not going to support it. I’m just trying to set your expectation up front so that you are not surprised if you try to get help.

If you can send me the name of your account team I will be happy to chat with them. :)

Keith

kechambe@cisco.com

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies