Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3.1.3 and LDAP server name and port number

I'm in the final stage of ubity configuration setup.

When i come to the LDAP server name and port number it automatically deafaults to the Unity server name...i changed it to the Exchange server name because that is what i'm assunming it's lloking for and also verified the port number. I get an error message saying Unable To Connect to Exchange Server.

I checked event viewer and the only erroe message is that Message Queuing was unable to join local Win 2k domain. Also unable to complete Message Queuing setup.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: 3.1.3 and LDAP server name and port number

You'll want to figure out the MSMQ install issues first... like I said in a previous post this could be related to DNS issues (i.e. Unity cannot see the DC) or you may have selected to have MSMQ talk to the directory durring install (the install instructions for that section have a step that says to check the "Message Queuing Will Not Access a Directory Service" option).

The connection to the Exchange server could also be related to a DNS configuration issue since the connection to the remote server is done by name here, of course. Seems like a hot possiblity. Another possiblity is the LDAP port might need to be changed from it's 389 default if you have AD around... change it to 2048 or the like, reboot the Exchange server and run configuration setup again.

Views
Helpful
Replies