Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.1.3 Dual Switch Integration

Hi There,<br>Recently I installed Cisco Unity 3.1.3 with a dual switch integration; Mitel SX2000 ONS (D41epci) and Callmanager 3.1.3 with TSP 6.01.<br>I had configured the Switch for Mitel and the IP switch with Cisco Callmanager. <br>With the Unity Administrator I configured Port 1-4 for Mitel and Port 5-8 for Callmanager. (It isn't possible to turn them around so CCM is number 0 switch and Mitel nr 1).<br><br>I was testing the configuration, I called Unity with a 7960 IP phone (used the message button and tried to call voice directly), The call was connected to Unity, but it appeared that after 15 seconds the Unity server gave a response to "enter my password".<br>The Unity status monitor showed that the call was picked up at port 1. This seems very strange because this is an analog Mitel port on the Dialogic Board.<br>Do you have an explanation or a solution for this one?<br><br>{I tried to manipulate the registry; so i manually switched the Mitel and Cisco switch (default- Switch 0 = Mitel; Switch 1 = Cisco), this was working fine. Unity on ip-phone was responding directly, but the administrator switch settings showed" switch = cisco; ip switch=mitel.<br>Of course, my registry changed are reconfigured to the normal situation again.<br><br>Best Regards, <br>Julien Kroes<br>CUSE<br>The Netherlands<br><br><br><br><br><br>Julien Kroes<br>Cisco Unity Cerified System Engineer<br>TCD ICT Solutions b.v.<br>+31786482722<br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 3.1.3 Dual Switch Integration

Sounds like the Dialogic TSP was loaded after the CCM TSP. To verify, check the following registry key...

HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Providers

There should be a list of TSPs that are installed here. What comes first: D41mt.TSP or AvSkinny.TSP?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Hi,

The Registry key within Telephony of Microsoft was part of the problem. We changed the d41mt.tsp and AvSkinny.tsp were not in the right order.
There were some other problems at the AV/MIU-->Service Provider 1 and 2 were changed.
And at the Switch configuration for Switch 1; there was a key about switch 0 and 1.

Problem is solved, thanks for the effort.

Best Regards,

J Kroes
Cisco Unity Cerified System Engineer
TCD ICT Solutions b.v. (NL)

Anonymous
N/A

"There were some other problems at the AV/MIU-->Service Provider 1 and 2 were changed."

FYI, these reg entries are actually written dynamically at the MIU intitializaion phase (during a Unity start) based on what Windows will report as installed TSPs (based on the Windows telephony section of the registry).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content