Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3.12c install, IDS Sensor Agent

I am testing 2.46 to 3.12c upgrade in the lab. Integrating with Intecom E14. What is the Cisco IDS Host Sensor Agent referred to in page 2-75 of the install docs? Do I need it for the Intecom integration? If so, where do I get it?<br><br>TIA<br>Sabas Chois<br><br>schois

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 3.12c install, IDS Sensor Agent

The HIDS is a security product, you don't need to install it for the legacy switch integration to Unity, but if you're using it you need to configure it properly so Unity works OK. Some marketing flash and sizzle from the IDS internal site:

Cisco IDS Host Sensor 2.0, powered by Entercept, delivers breakthrough software technology that provides real-time analysis and reaction to hacking attempts. Cisco IDS Host Sensor 2.0 is able to identify the attack and prevents access to critical server resources before any unauthorized transactions occur. Unlike traditional detection products, Host Sensor 2.0 proactively protects the host by evaluating requests to the operating system and the application-programming interface (API) before they are processed. Using a blend of `signature' and resource access control techniques, Host Sensor 2.0 is able to stop both known and unknown attacks. Straightforward and quickly understood, Host Sensor 2.0 is easy to deploy and offers significant time-savings in security management.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content