cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.3(2) Subscriber installation hangs

jocoates
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody know why a CCM 3.3(2) installation would hang? Publisher is running fine with CCM3.3(2). I have installed the base OS fine on Sub, I can ping the publisher & i can browse the c drive by issuing start-run \\<ccmpubname>\c$. The install has hung twice at "Installing DC Directory". Authentication was accepted when installinbg CCM on subscriber.

Can someone please assist?

MCS-7835-2.4-EVV1 is the hardware I am using. Brand new out of the box.

2 Replies 2

jcx233
Level 1
Level 1

My subscriber installation on a MCS-7830 was hanging at "Installing DC Directory" three times and I had to edit the "hosts" file on the publisher just like the "lmhosts" file. I could ping and resolve the names in both directions. When I did that the installation continued. Must be a Microsoft FM thing.

jbond_c24
Level 1
Level 1

It's an authentication thing Resolving net names isn't a glowing feature of DC Directory. The easiest way around it is to change the authentication URL and directories URL in the enterprise params on the Pub to IP address before building out the Sub.

Otherwise create an LMHOSTS file on both boxes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: