Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

3 Org Exhange and Unity

I have got a customer who has 3 organizations in his Exchange. Please note they are ORG not sites. We want to install Unity in this environment. My understanding is that we need a Unity server per ORG in Exchange. <br>Objective: Unified messaging, Being able to send voice messages through GAL<br>1- Is it possible to have one Unity for three ORG. Defining different locations in Unity<br>2- I need to have a Unity per Org in Exchange. How the ORG will have a GAL for three ORG in exchange.<br>3- Time zone problem. <br>Please let me know how to go about this. Limitations and restrictions<br>Thanx<br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 3 Org Exhange and Unity

OK. There’s a couple of real fundamental problems with this.

First, if the customer has 3 organizations, they have 3 GALs. Period. There’s no mechanism in Exchange to have a directory span across an organizational unit (that’s the highest level of the directory tree). So their request to have Unified messaging that can send messages to anyone in the global address list with this setup makes no sense at all since there are actually 3 GALs in this case.

Second, as mentioned in several posts out here, Unity cannot log into users’ mailboxes in other Exchange site… that certainly extends to other users in different organizations! This is simply not possible.

The timezone problem has been addressed in 2.4.6. Each subscriber can have their own timezone setting such that we will translate all message timestamps and all notification/delivery schedules appropriately.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content