Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

3.x disk space requirements

Scenario: All users homed off box, exchange 2000.<br>Since unity utilizes sql and does keep a pre mta que, what amount of disk space should be utilized for Unity? In other words, under 2.x we would be good at say 2gb. However I am unclear, based on what Unity will store for "offline use" locally, how much disk space to allocate to the Unity box.<br>Our customer is using a sans.<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: 3.x disk space requirements

If all of your users are homed off box I would say that the Unity server needs maybe 4 gigs tops. The messages will be dropped directly into the off box Exchange server unless that server is offline. In that case they will go into the UMR until the remote Exchange server is back online. Regardless, any machine on the HCL for Unity will have enough disk space.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Re: 3.x disk space requirements

I'd imagine 4 gig would do it. The only things that will be stored on the local Unity server you need to worry about are the voice names and greeting WAV files (these appear under commserver\stream files) and loggs (Unity report logs, diag logs and Exchange logs). If all users are homed off box, Exchange logging will be real light.

THe other thing that may come into play here is the UMR. If Unity is unable to deliver messages to Exchange (i.e. our connection to the off box Exchange store is interrupted) we temporarily store the messages locally until we can deliver them. You'll want to reserver enough space to handle that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content