cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.X import tool

cfortanb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In trying to use the 3.X import tool, it seems the tool does not check the sub-containers. It saw the users as new users, and added new accounts. Is this a bug?! Please help!<br><br>Cisco SW Engineer

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Are you using CSV import or importing from Exchange? The only reason it'd create new accounts is if you're importing using CSV which is designed only to create new account, it can't (currently) update standing accounts.

Can you import from Exchange instead and see them or are you saying it doesn't see them even then?

Is this Exchange 5.5 or 2000?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

cfortanb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did a 2.46 export of the database. I used the tool on CD1 of the 3.01 build. When I used the import tool off the CD, I got the problem I described. Users are located in subcontainers under the recipiants container. The default behavior should have been for the tool to check for users in recipients and any sub-containers. This didn't happen. Unity didn't see anyone in the recipients container, so, it created new accounts. This created duplicate Exchange accounts for users , one being in the recipients container, and the other being in the sub-container. I believe a note was sent to sustaining engr to take a look at it.

Charlie

Cisco SW Engineer

Not applicable

hmmm... the syncher tool looks up users by their alias in the directory to find a match for an existing user and decides if a new account needs to be created or if it should bind the information to a standing account. Sounds like it's search isn't being done properly (assuming everyone's alias is still the same).

Be sure to send the sustaining folks the syncher logs which note what alias was searched for and the results and if it's creating a new account or not... they'll want to look at that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)