Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3640 with DPNSS and QSig over separate E1 controllers

I have a network of 3640s running transparent common channel signalling (DPNSS). This is carried over an E1 with DS0 groups set up under the controller interface and connection trunks to handle the nailed up voice connections. This all currently works fine using a NM-HDV-2E1-60 dual port E1 voice card and IOS 12.2(1) IP Plus.

The second E1 link is now to run QSig, whilst keeping the first E1 port as above. This will be using the ISDN switch-type primary-qsig and a pri-group timeslots 1-30 under the controller interface.

I have tried to load the config for this mixed voice signalling scenario & get all sorts of out of memory errors, even though the 2600/3600 memory calculator says it needs 48M of DRAM and I have 64M.

Is it possible to have two different signalling systems on the two E1 ports, or could this be an IOS issue? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: 3640 with DPNSS and QSig over separate E1 controllers

I couldn’t find any general bugs but it may be an IOS issue regardless. Check your specific IOS version against Cisco’s Bug Toolkit and see if you can find anything.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content