Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4.0.2 Locations

I'm trying to get locations to work, but I'm missing something. Configuration is 2 Unity servers & 2 Call Managers, all in a common AD domain connected to Exchange servers at each of the locations. The locations are different OU's in the common domain. The call managers are basically independent in that they call each other over the PSTN. We trick the users into thinking that it's 4 digit dialing (2xxx at one site and 4xxx at the other) by playing with the routing in the call managers to prepend the NPA-NXX and then toss the call to the PSTN trunks.

But I wanted to try Locations to see if I could provide a unified directory. I created each Unity with its own location and Dial ID (002 for one, 004 for the other). Both are in the "None" dialing domain (I also tried a common named dialing domain, but it behaved the same).

For addressing Subscr Searches, I selected restrict to Dialing Domain and yes to Include location in searches.

I called the lead number at site 002 and entered a name of a site 004 user. It didn't find it. Site 002 users were found successfully. I expected it to find 004 users and allow me to either connect to them or send them a message. Same result when addressing an outgoing message.

Should this work and if so, any idea what I'm missing?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 4.0.2 Locations

HI,

The default registry settings for the automated attendant allow transfers only to subscribers

associated with the local Cisco Unity server. If you want to set up the automated attendant so that

callers can be transferred to subscribers associated with multiple Cisco Unity servers in the same

dialing domain, perform the following procedure.

To set the Phone Transfer registry key

Step 1 Start Regedit.

Caution Changing the wrong registry key or entering an incorrect value can cause the server to

malfunction. Before you edit the registry, confirm that you know how to restore it if a problem

occurs. (Refer to the "Restoring" topics in Registry Editor Help.) Note that a typical backup of the

Cisco Unity server does not back up the registry. Also note that for Cisco Unity failover, registry

changes on one Cisco Unity server must be made manually on the other Cisco Unity server, because

registry changes are not replicated. If you have any questions about changing registry key settings,

contact Cisco TAC.

Step 2 If you do not have a current backup of the registry, click Registry > Export Registry File,

and save the registry settings to a file.

Step 3 Expand the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\Conversations\1.0\Phone

Transfer

Step 4 Double-click Auto Attendant SearchScope.

Step 5 Enter 1 in the Edit DWORD Value box.

Step 6 Click OK and then close Regedit.

Re: 4.0.2 Locations

that certainly helps. calls to one of my 2 Unitys now transfer as expected. But calls to the other find the remote subscriber and try to transfer, but after a couple seconds of Unity MOH, I drop back to the Directory Handler again. I can't find any errors anywhere and the configurations appear symmetric, but I'm obviously missing something. What could be causing the transfer to fail?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.