cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4.0.3 Problems after Upgrading

snagel
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded from 3.1.5 to 4.0.3 and now have many issues. The most important issue I need fixed is the ability to get into the System Admin and Status Monitor browser tools. The Unity services are all running and I can dial into Unity and get my voicemails but the browser tools to add/change/delete subscribers, etc. is not working. If I try to browse to the <servername or ip address>/web/sa web page I get the following error:

Unrecognized error

hr=0x80040154

Please see your system administrator for more details.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? TAC has been not help and they want me to reload the server from scratch.

18 Replies 18

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I agree that reloading the server is not a reasonable solution. Please email me the case number and I will make sure that we get you to a better solution.

Thanks,

Keith

kechambe@cisco.com

I emailed you the case information directly.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I am curious if a solution was found to this problem? I am upgrading this weekend and would like to have this information in my "back pocket" just in case.

Ginger

I have not got the case moved to a new TAC yet and I'm still having issues.

Hi Scott,

I have just sent you an email regarding this case. I will be looking after you from this point. Please get back to me when you get a chance.

Cheers, Amir

Did you complete your upgrade? Did everything work properly? If you look in this forum you will see someone else also did the upgrade from 3.1.5 to 4.0.3 and has the same problem.

priyums
Level 1
Level 1

This is the Unity SA team:

Keith, we are looking into this and it seems that the error "Class not registered" is usually associated with IIS not configured correctly. Perhaps this happened during the upgrade process. One thing that we can try is verify that IIS is up and running by going to http:\\localhost should fetch a localstart.asp welcome page.

Please verify that the IIS SA entries under Default Web Sites are configured properly. If IIS looks OK, please turn on the AvSaDbConn traces and get the logs for AvCsMgr using Unity Diagnostic Tools.

Also, if remote access is available, we could jump in to take a look.

thanx,

SA

mhphan@cisco.com

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

I had this same problem for some reason, but I did a fresh installation of 4.0(3). I just did an inplace re-installation and everything worked after that and has been fine ever since. I do not believe we had to reboot after the re-installation. Notice I just shut down Unity, put the CD in. I did not uninstall or rebuild the box.

I have an engineer from Sydney who is going to take over this case. We will drive the issue to technical resolution and post the solution out here.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Scott,

I will be taking over your case, and will work with the development team to bring a resolution to you. I have sent you an email with some questions.

Cheers, Amir

When you say inplace re-installation do you mean you reloaded the software back over top of the current 4.0(3) version already installed?

I performed an upgrade from 3.1(5) last night and I am experiencing the same problem. I cannot access the admin page. I am able to dial into Unity but have no way of doing any administration. Im not sure exactly what to check under IIS to see if that is my problem. I have been comparing it to a known good upgrade that I did but havent seen any discrepencies. Has anyone else found a solution to this without rebuilding the box? I already tried reinstalling Unity over itself but that did not rectify the situation.

I have been working with Cisco and the developer of the SA program but so far we have not solved the problem yet. If you find a solution before I do please post the information in the forum or email me directly. I will do the same. I have to find resolution soon or I will have to reload the machine from scratch.

Yes, just reloaded it on top of my current 4.0(3) install and re-ran the permissions wizard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: