I just upgraded from 3.1.5 to 4.0.3 and now have many issues. The most important issue I need fixed is the ability to get into the System Admin and Status Monitor browser tools. The Unity services are all running and I can dial into Unity and get my voicemails but the browser tools to add/change/delete subscribers, etc. is not working. If I try to browse to the <servername or ip address>/web/sa web page I get the following error:
From: global.asa -- Initialize()
Please see your system administrator for more details.
Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? TAC has been not help and they want me to reload the server from scratch.
I agree that reloading the server is not a reasonable solution. Please email me the case number and I will make sure that we get you to a better solution.
I am curious if a solution was found to this problem? I am upgrading this weekend and would like to have this information in my "back pocket" just in case.
I have just sent you an email regarding this case. I will be looking after you from this point. Please get back to me when you get a chance.
Did you complete your upgrade? Did everything work properly? If you look in this forum you will see someone else also did the upgrade from 3.1.5 to 4.0.3 and has the same problem.
This is the Unity SA team:
Keith, we are looking into this and it seems that the error "Class not registered" is usually associated with IIS not configured correctly. Perhaps this happened during the upgrade process. One thing that we can try is verify that IIS is up and running by going to http:\\localhost should fetch a localstart.asp welcome page.
Please verify that the IIS SA entries under Default Web Sites are configured properly. If IIS looks OK, please turn on the AvSaDbConn traces and get the logs for AvCsMgr using Unity Diagnostic Tools.
Also, if remote access is available, we could jump in to take a look.
I had this same problem for some reason, but I did a fresh installation of 4.0(3). I just did an inplace re-installation and everything worked after that and has been fine ever since. I do not believe we had to reboot after the re-installation. Notice I just shut down Unity, put the CD in. I did not uninstall or rebuild the box.
I have an engineer from Sydney who is going to take over this case. We will drive the issue to technical resolution and post the solution out here.
I will be taking over your case, and will work with the development team to bring a resolution to you. I have sent you an email with some questions.
When you say inplace re-installation do you mean you reloaded the software back over top of the current 4.0(3) version already installed?
I performed an upgrade from 3.1(5) last night and I am experiencing the same problem. I cannot access the admin page. I am able to dial into Unity but have no way of doing any administration. Im not sure exactly what to check under IIS to see if that is my problem. I have been comparing it to a known good upgrade that I did but havent seen any discrepencies. Has anyone else found a solution to this without rebuilding the box? I already tried reinstalling Unity over itself but that did not rectify the situation.
I have been working with Cisco and the developer of the SA program but so far we have not solved the problem yet. If you find a solution before I do please post the information in the forum or email me directly. I will do the same. I have to find resolution soon or I will have to reload the machine from scratch.
I have got the same problem. Just finished an fresh install of Uniyt 4.03 and call in and get answered but cannot access the sa. Get page cannot be displayed. I also tried to http://localhost and get a page cannot be displayed error. Appears the the web server is goofed. Any help would be appreciated
I have been following this post prior to completing my upgrade from 3.1(5) to 4.0(3) this past weekend. When I first attempted to start the SA, it was really really slow and the progress bar for the page loading appeared to stall at about 50% done. Not sure if this will help others here, but this is what I did. I stopped/restarted IIS Admin service and its dependent services (SMTP, WWW and NNTP). This fixed the slow response problem and had no further issues accessing SA.
I got a customer who hit the same error today .
I solve the problem by re-executing the Message Store Configuration Wizard, who was not correclty configured in the registry (Was still using the old Ex55, while it should be configured for the new Exchange 2003.).
Notice that the "SERVERNAME_UNITY" account must be moved manually to the Exchange 2003 where you are goind to connected UNITY First .
I have worked with Cisco and have gotten this issue fixed. The main issue was that the Permissions Wizard didn't set all the permissions correctly. If you have any problems that show up in the permissions wizard log file after you run it fix those before moving on. If you move on and decide to fix the issues later the installation may not complete correctly. Also, if you are planning on moving from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 or 2003 do the upgrade to 4.0.3 then change Unity to either be in a mixed mode or 2000/2003 environment, don't try to change to a mixed mode environment during this upgrade. Also, there are several ES (Engineering Specials) that Cisco applied to our system that are only available through TAC. So if you are having any trouble with MWI or Emails not showing up properly please contact TAC. Hope this help everyone.