cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 digit to 6 digit DID migration

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I am planning on changing the DID length in my CCM 4.0(1) cluster from 4 digits to 6 digits but I am not sure what is the best way to go about this task.

Currently, my DID is 70xx and I want to add the prefix 11 to make the user extension 1170xx. Once this change is done I want incoming calls from the PSTN which will be presented as 4 digits (70xx) to add the 11 prefix and find the correct extension in the cluster.

I also want outgoing calls to the PSTN do strip the 11 prefix and send the calls as xxx-xxx-70xx.

Where should I be looking to make these adjustments?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For incoming calls create a Translation Pattern with DN 70XX that prefixes 11, make sure that the TP's parition is listed in GWs CSS.

For outgoing calls, you simply apply External Phone Number mask of YYYYYYY70XX or YYYYYYYXXXX where YYYYYYY is the area code and NXX of the originating device, and XXXX indicates wild card characters to copy the last 4 digits of the callsing device, it can be applied at the device line level, route list, and/or route pattern.

If you use H.323 to control the GW you can also do the incoming translation on the router by using translation rules or num-exp.

Keep in mind that if you use SRST and you change the dial-plan from 4 to 6 digits you will need to add translation rules on the router to strip the 11 or all users will need to dial 11XXXX.

HTH,

Chris