cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 seconds blank before to hear begin of the conversation

h-collignon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 connected to a P&T ISDN line, and it's working fine.

Except when somebody calls from outside to one of our IPPhones, the IPPhone rings, but when I hang-up and start to speak, there is a regular silence of 4s. before both person can hear something.

Does somebody know which timer could impact the real time conversation?

Thanks

P.S.: I already tried the famous command "voice rtp send-rcv", but nothing changes.

4 Replies 4

rokibbe
Level 1
Level 1

That sounds like a bug with the IOS version on the 3640. There isn't a timer that controls such things. This may be a good time to try the Online Case Open Tool at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/case_tools/caseOpen.pl and have the TAC look into it. Be sure to include the exact version and feature pack of IOS you're using when you open your case.

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What type of integration are you doing with call manager mgcp or h.323? What is the round trip delay when you ping from the call manager to the router? What version of code on call manager and IOS?

Thank you,

-Mckee

I think like rokibbe said before.

Today I'm convince it's a bug.

I'm doing with H323 C3640 gateway configured with correct dial-peers.

About pings between CCM and the router, it's pretty small since they are plugged on the same switch and same VLAN <10ms !

And about version, I was running a 12.2(5) and CCM3.1(1)

I don't know what is the problem, but when I downgraded to 12.2(2)XB the problem diseappeared !

And however if I re-upgrade to 12.2(5), I get back the problem.

Definitively for me it's a bug, and I continue with 12.2(2)XB (until the 12.2(9)T is available to keep SRS in next upgrade.

We're experiencing the same issue. I have 3640 running 12.1(5)yd4 with CM 3.0.11. TAC has told me to upgrade to 12.2(2)xb2 to resolve the delay. Here are two bug ID's that seem to relate to my issue: CSCdv68263, CSCdu65830. Hope this helps.