Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

41/61/70 Tone Generator softkey not showing during test call

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800945bd.shtml#testtone

I've been able to generate tone with older 7940/7960s, but I can't get the Tone Softkey to show. **3 shows "Debug Mode On" but during a call I don't get a Tone Softkey.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 41/61/70 Tone Generator softkey not showing during test call

To enable the tone generator, type **3 on the Cisco IP Phone 7960 or 7940 keypad while the phone is not on a call.

Note: From Load #P0030301ESP5, you need to unlock the phone first, then you can press **3. You need to be careful because if you press **# **3 consecutively you will reset the phone (because of the **#** sequence). Therefore, you need to press **#, make a call, then press **3.

2. This enables the Tone softkey for as long as this phone is registered to Cisco CallManager.

3. Place a call to the source of echo.

4. Once the call is established, press the i button twice.

5. This brings up the statistics for the call.

Note: If pressing **3 worked, you should have a Tone softkey available. Press the Tone softkey and the phone begins to generate a 1004 Hz tone at -15 dB. The only way to stop the tone is to end the call.

Missing Tone Generator is DDtS with the 3rd generation phones. Currently no tone generator functionality exists for 7941/7961/7970.

Can someone from Cisco please advise as to the procedure that should be used to enable the tone generator for 7941/61 phones or explain another method for troubleshooting sporadic echo issues.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I would recommend you pickup a older 7940 or 7961 for tone genator, pretty cheap compared to other 3rd party tone generators.

Views
Helpful
Replies