Views
Helpful
Replies

4604-GWY Card with Call Transfer

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

Dave,

We have been experiencing a problem when using H323 gateways (3600) to terminate the voice PRIs.

It seems that when a call is transferred, the caller hears no tone until the call is answered.

A colleague of mine has resolved this problem by moving the PRIs to a 6000 8 port E1 (using skinny).

Do you know if the problem is also resolved when using 4604-GWY cards with PRIs?

thanks

Mark.

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem would occur there too, because the 4604 card when used in gateway mode is H.323 just like a 3600 router.

You should be able to go into the pots and voip dial-peers you have configured on the 4604 card and make sure you have turned on all the progress_ind commands available on each one. You want to enable the progress_ind for each possible message (e.g. setup, progress, etc) and make sure the number you use is the highest one, which is either 3 or 8 depending on which message you are configuring.

cody.howe
Level 1
Level 1

See CSCds11354 and CSCds87266.

CSCds11354

No ringback occurs on transfer from PSTN calls coming in on IOS gateway.

With Cisco CallManager 3.0(1) connecting to the PSTN via an H.323 gateway, if a call comes into a phone and it is blind transferred to another phone, the PSTN side will only receive dead air; ringback does not occur.

The Cisco CallManager software has been modified to send the H225UserInfo message to the IOS gateway with Q931 Signal IE, so the IOS gateway can play/stop ringback tone for the call that is being transferred to another party. This fix has to work with the fix for CSCds87266, which was opened against the IOS gateway. The fix for CSCds87266 may not be ready until the next major feature release. Therefore, even the Cisco CallManager can send the h.225 Suriname message to the IOS gateway. The problem cannot be verified until the IOS gateway is fixed.

Bug Id : CSCds87266

Headline No ringback played to PSTN when IP phones initiates a transfer

Product c3600 Model

Component voice-callcontrol Duplicate of

Severity 3 Status A

Version Found 12.2 12.1(5)T Fixed-in Version ?

Release Notes

When a call to an IP phone is answered, then transferred, the caller does not hear ringback. When the transferred call is answered, both parties are able to hear each other. There is no workaround.

Sorry, Cody is correct; I misread the original question, I thought you had said there was no ringback on a first call, not on the transferred call.

For the router IOS platforms, e.g. 2600/3600 this should be fixed in the 12.2(3) version. I am not sure if this version will be available for the 4604 card and whether or not the fix will be included.

Another solution will be Music on Hold, which will be available in CallManager 3.1, so the caller would be connected to a music source while they are being transferred.