cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5300 with voice - working IOS version

levter
Level 1
Level 1

What IOS version will work without problem?

5300 with 120 voices.

I would like to find as new as possible but working.

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

All IOS available on the CCO are working IOSes. You can choose the latest IOS for the AS5300 but you may also have to change the vcware on the VFC card to stay compatible with the main IOS. You can check the compatibility from the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/sw_conf/vcw_rn/rnvcware.htm

This would also tell what lates main IOS you should run.

Hope that helps.

Very funny.

I ment bug free IOS. Which was working somwher for at least few months without problems.

Well unless the release IOS is GD there are no gaurantees that you will never come across any bug on the IOS. As environments differ from one site to another, a bug encountered at one site may never appear on another site. Generally speaking you want to run an IOS that has been on CCO for 4-6 months if you want to feel comfortable with the stability. You can always check on the Cisco IOS page to see when was the IOS put on CCO for the first time.

I hope that helps.

We have been using the IOS version 122-2.XB11 for our 5300 which handles about 40 similtanious calls. We have been running this IOS version for about 4 months without any problems.

Thanks.