Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6608 configuration

Hello,

I'm trying to turn up an AT&T megacom PRI using 4ess on a 6608. Inbound calls complete successfully but outbound calls fail. AT&T is telling me that I am missing an IE tag "megacom". Anyone know how to do this from CCM? Can anyone point me to specific configuratiion examples of a 6608?

Thanks, Glenn

5 Replies 5

Glenn,

Check out this previous post. This should be able to be accomplished by setting on the route pattern, ISDN Network-Specific Facilities Information Element fields. I checked real quick and PRI 4ESS and Megacom Telecom Service are there. Remember to set this on all Route Patterns for the 6608 using this service. I don't think you can set this at the gateway level.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Service%20Providers&topic=Voice%20over%20IP&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd69150

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

Thanks for the response.

This is not an option on the route pattern in CCM 3.2 It is there for 4.1 but not 3.2. Any other options?

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

6608 doesn't run as H323. Do you have another router you could use? This router could be configured as H323 and then have commands run local on it to support the Megacom service. Beyond that, I don't see any other option other than upgrading the CCM or replacing the PRI.

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

This is not H323. 6608 is our only option for PRI. So do I understand correctly that 3.2 will not support IE tagging?

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

The 6608 isn't capable of running H323 for it's voip leg (it's not labeled as MGCP in configuration but I believe it's what the 6608 runs). So the 6608 is not an option unless you upgrade the CCM version. What I was asking was could you use another voice gateway running it as an H323 gateway. You could terminate the PRI to the H323 gateway and run commands local at the router to accomodate the AT&T connection. I believe by your post your are saying no to an additional gateway that can support this.

I'm not 100% sure on the 3.2 support of the tagging since I don't even have that old of a version in my lab anymore. I would doublecheck the docs. I don't have any other suggestions and would look at upgrading your CCM as the best option.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: