Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6608 DSCP Signaling Marking from the GW

I'm lookin to change the endpoint DSCP marking for signaling from AF31 to CS3 on the 6608 module. Does anyone know how this can be done on the actual gateway itself or through CallManager? I've verified the CCM Enterprise Parameter for Call Signaling of endpoints to CCM is not being used by the 6608. The 6608 module has limited IOS commands and haven't found any there or through the Web GUI. I'm mainly concerned about setting it on the endpoint and not further in the network.

Thanks

Fred

5 Replies 5

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

What version Call Manager are you on? At least on 4.1(3)the default load (D00404000022)for the 6608 will set control packets to CS3. I just put the Sniffer on one to confirm this.

Please rate helpful posts.

David,

Using 4.1(3) with a DevPack(believe it was DevPack 28.2), load D00404000023. I'm gonna set mine back to D00404000022 and see if this resolves. I would think the newer would be better but maybe it's a bug. Also just to verify you looked at the packets sourced from the 6608 to CCM and they are being marked CS3, with no network remarking occuring in between. The CCM to 6608 mark correctly.

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

My 6509 QOS ACLs are set to trust the 6608s, and the SPAN session was set for the VLAN the 6608 T1s are in. The packets in both directions are CS3.

My approach to the CS3 vs AF31 issue is to just add CS3 to my signaling class maps so that either is recognized.

Dave

Agreed, I'm looking to do it just with the endpoint markings though and no network classification. Also I just noticed my last capture was with the Conf Bridge skinny keepalive message and not the GW, wasn't paying attention and the 6608 is running Transcoding/Conf/T1s. Going back to check if the GW is tagging correctly and if this is just limited to Conf and or Transcoding components, which have there own independant loads.

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

Just checked a 6608 transcoder, and sure enough the SCCP signaling packets are AF31.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: