cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6608 module register to multiple cluster

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6608 blade. Currently port 8 is registered to a CM cluster running 3.3.4. I want to use port 1 to register to a new cluster running 4.1.3 sr2 and I want to use port 2,3 and 4 for hardware confencing on the new cluster. Is this possible? When hardware conferencing on 6608 module do the E1 ports need to be active or connected? I can't get the conference bridge to register with the new cluster. Am I doing something wrong?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can point the ports to different clusters as each port is independent and can point to different TFTP servers.

As to the conferencing you need to configure it on the CCM as a Cisco conference Bridge hardware type and reference the IP Address. You cannot share the conferening ports among clusters.

Please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris

Do I need to reference the MAC address or the IP address? I can't get it to register to the new cluster at all.

What does the switch show when you do "do port x" where X is the module slot of the blade, it should say "Conf Bridge" under type as shown in this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080153327.shtml

Have you tried resetting the port on the switch, I've see where resetting the entire module balde works.

In callmanager you reference the port by MAC address.

Chris