cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6608 PSTN disconnect problems

jubug
Level 1
Level 1

We've just upgraded to 3.3.2 SPC and are using a Cat 6000 (6608 E1) for PSTN access. When an external caller hangs up, the line is not disconnecting, instead we get the Telco disconnect message (e.g: the other person has cleared).

This is causing big problems with voicemail as when someone hangs up during the greeting Unity carries on and records the disconnect message.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It seems that we were hitting a disconnection problem addressed in CSCdy64805 and CSCea75653.

Apparently, you need to make sure that the Service Parameter: "Retain Media On Disconnect With PI For Active Call" is set to 'False'.

We were running 3.2, and this parameter was not present, so we had to apply an ES that TAC supplied.

After we did, the parameter was available to set to 'False', and all worked ok.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

I had exactly the same problem a while back. TAC helped me resolve the problem. I'll post the fix we used as soon as i can.

It seems that we were hitting a disconnection problem addressed in CSCdy64805 and CSCea75653.

Apparently, you need to make sure that the Service Parameter: "Retain Media On Disconnect With PI For Active Call" is set to 'False'.

We were running 3.2, and this parameter was not present, so we had to apply an ES that TAC supplied.

After we did, the parameter was available to set to 'False', and all worked ok.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update, I'll let you know how I get on..

Brilliant .. based on the information you gave me, we have now obtained and loaded 3-3-2es62 from TAC. Which has solved our problem (adding the extra service parameter)..

Great news. Glad it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: