Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6608 T-1 and less than 24 ports

I have a 6608 blade in a 6509 that I'm using to connect to a RightFax gateway. The fax gateway only has 8 ports enabled. Since the 6608 is configured via MGCP, how can enable only 8 ports. From the route group configuration page on the Call Manager, it only allows me to select all ports. I have done several times via IOS on an H.323 gateway which worked fine.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 6608 T-1 and less than 24 ports

If it is a cas line then you can add only th 8 ports when you add ports in call manager. If it is PRI then you do not have this ability. You can howvever take the unused b-channels out of service using the changebchannelmaintenance staus parameter in service parameters(advanced) the help for this parametr gives you the syntax to use.

Cisco Employee

IF it is a T1 cas line you can add only the ports used. If it is a T1 pri then you need to take the unused b-channels out of service using the changeBchannelmaintenancestaus field in service parameters(advanced). The help for that field will give you the correct syntax. By setting this you can tell call manager not to use those channels.

Hi Marc.

Were you able to get this working? I am in a similar situation where I configured a 6608 port as a 23 channel PRI connecting to an Eicon Diva Server PRI card. The Diva card seems to recognize the 6608 port ISDN signaling but placing calls through the 6608 from the fax server are failing.

I would be grateful for any pointers you can provide from your experience. Thank you.

I have the same setup and will be installing rightfax in the near future. I was wondering if you had any luck. If you only activate 8 ports on the Gateway then when you program the route group you can select all ports and there are only 8 there.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content