Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

6608 vs Comm. Media module

All:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_data_sheet09186a00800e9c1f.html

Does anyone know if there are any functional differences between the 6608 vs the Communications Media Module?

I understand that the media module is scalable up to 18 T1 ports. But are these ports just like on the 6608...meaning the DSP's could be used for xcoding and h/w conferencing? I cannot find any real concrete info besides the white papers.

Any input will be appreciated!

2 REPLIES

Re: 6608 vs Comm. Media module

The CMM is IOS based. Virtually all voice enhancements come to the IOS hardware first. Enhanced Echo cancellation, Changing the call bearer cap., etc, etc. Way more access to the guts in IOS. I wasn't able to find any info on your problem directly, but if you have access to one of these, try entering the DSP farm commands like whats on the VG200 and see if it takes them. I would bet that it does.

I personally would not buy another 6608 now that the CMM is out.

Re: 6608 vs Comm. Media module

I would add that the CCM has a better Jitter Buffer and design over the 6608. (the 6608 card is really just 8 DT24's on a module - old technology).

Thanks.....D

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content