Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6608 will not register conf bridge or transcoder

I am having issues getting the 6608 blade ports to work as conf bridges and transcoders. I have port 1 as my local PRI dialing and want to configure 3 more ports for conference bridges and the remaining to be transcoders. Port 1 registered fine. I get a correct IP address from the correct vlan when I have the ports disabled. I have triplechecked my Mac Address assignments in CallManager. The ports keep rebooting when enabled and never register. It seems as though the TFTP image never gets transferred form the CallManager. I have verified the TFTP address in the Catalyst to be correct. Any thoughts out there?

7 REPLIES

Re: 6608 will not register conf bridge or transcoder

I just ran into this on a 3.3 system. What I did was have all the ports register as gateways. Once they registered as gateways I deleted them then brought them in as MTP(x-code/conf).

I am able to get them to register as gateways. But when I try to make them conf bridges or transcoders. they go into a continous boot loop.

What we have had to do with the 6608 card is to load a boot load from CM 3.0 to get it to register as a gateway, conf, or xcoder. Once it gets a good 3.0 load, then go back to the default load for 3.3 and it should register fine. For example, try C0010300.bin for the conf bridge port.

That's sounds like my problem. Where can I get the files if I don't have a 3.0 available. I am running 3.2.2c

I suppose your approach works but yet another way is to add all T1/E1 ports first as gateways. After registration delete and add it back in CCM a xcode or conf-bridge. It should register okay now.

This as explain by TAC is a load problem from the factory. The image however was compliant with CM 3.0 which had no knowledge of xcode and conf-bridge except gateway. Thus one will have to back track to a cm3.0 image in order to solve the problem.

Blue

I also encountered this issue. When I put the Sniffer on it I discovered that the 6608 port was trying to TFTP a truncated form of the image file. It should have been requesting C00103010008.bin, but was asking for C0010301.bin. I made a copy of the correct .bin file, and renamed it to match what the port wanted, and it works fine.

The previous post states the same procedure as I was adviced two weeks ago by the TAC. This workaround solves what is sometime referred to as "8-byte load problem".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content