cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*67 Caller ID Blocking

j-huston
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot figure out how to configure dial plan so that end user has option to dial *67 before dialing outgoing number in order to block caller ID. We currently send caller ID on all outbound calls. The end user dials 9 to get an outside line. Has anyone set this up? I have lab system with one PRI to a DMS-100.

3 Replies 3

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

Unless you are running CallManager 3.3 (which isn't available yet!) you cannot do this as it requires the ability to set CLI restriction on a per Dial Pattern feature.

Sorry!

Justin

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you could set up a new route pattern that would take place of 9.XXXXXX or what ever you have. your new route pattern would be *67.XXXXXX do not strip any digits send all to the pstn if your telco accepts that information like on a pots line that will send the info but will block it. or if that does not create the the same route patteren as above except strip off the the *67 and send the rest of the digits to a new route group to send the digits to. in this route goup do not send calling party info or send the main number.

hope this helps

scott

I have tried something similar to the first suggestion without success. The later suggestion may have potential. I'll have to think this through some more. Thanks for the advice.

Jeff