cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*67 Caller ID Blocking

j-huston
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot figure out how to configure dial plan so that end user has option to dial *67 before dialing outgoing number in order to block caller ID. We currently send caller ID on all outbound calls. The end user dials 9 to get an outside line. Has anyone set this up? I have lab system with one PRI to a DMS-100.

3 Replies 3

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

Unless you are running CallManager 3.3 (which isn't available yet!) you cannot do this as it requires the ability to set CLI restriction on a per Dial Pattern feature.

Sorry!

Justin

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you could set up a new route pattern that would take place of 9.XXXXXX or what ever you have. your new route pattern would be *67.XXXXXX do not strip any digits send all to the pstn if your telco accepts that information like on a pots line that will send the info but will block it. or if that does not create the the same route patteren as above except strip off the the *67 and send the rest of the digits to a new route group to send the digits to. in this route goup do not send calling party info or send the main number.

hope this helps

scott

I have tried something similar to the first suggestion without success. The later suggestion may have potential. I'll have to think this through some more. Thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: