Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

7 digit tandem call routing problem CCM 3.3

I have a CCM 3.3.2spb new install with 6608 T1 gateways. There are PRIs to the PSTN using 4ESS protocol, and PRIs to a Nortel 81C or 61C PBX using NI2 (though DMS100, and Custom5E8 have been tried). All outbound PSTN calls from IP phones work fine. The requirement is for outbound PSTN calls from the Nortel to tandem through the Cisco. This works, except for 7 digit local calls. All 10 digit or 3 digit (411,911) work great. The CSS applied to the PBX gateways has unrestricted access, and allows all calling (including 7 digit local) when applied to a phone. A PBX D channel debug shows a "Mandatory information element missing" cause code coming from the 6608. A CCM trace shows a "msgtrans error" (though I am at home and that is from memory). A Sniffer capture between the gateway and subscriber shows an apparently normal call setup message with the correct called number (9 plus 7 digit), but the subscriber doesn't like it and aborts the call.

I have tried other D channel protocols with the same result.

I have a TAC case open, but wondered if anyone else has run into this?

1 REPLY

Re: 7 digit tandem call routing problem CCM 3.3

What does the Route Pattern for the PBX look like on the CCM Side? Can you put a 79XX into the same CSS as the tadem, and try the 10 Digit. I ran into this problem before. In our case the PBX was doing LCR, and was trying to run the call through it's own trunks, instead of the CCM's trunks. I have also seen new PRI's in our area require 10-digit dialing even for local calls. Verizon installed this requirements 2 years ago.

Views
Helpful
Replies